With the summer rolling into Australia, it’s time to spice up your evening cocktails with some new twists on old favourites. Each of these unique recipes can be paired with one of Swish Plastic’s high quality polycarbonate glasses – guaranteed to survive late nights, summer parties, and drinks by the pool.
You may be familiar with the Kir Royale, a classic champagne cocktail for a refined summer party. This variation replaces French crème de cassis with England’s favorite liquer – Pimm’s No. 1. Serve it in Swish Plastic’s 170 ml Plastic Champagne Glass as the aperitif at your next summer event.
- 75ml Champagne
- 50ml Pimm’s No. 1
- Strawberries or Raspberries, for garnish
- Pour champagne over Pimm’s in a Swish champagne glass.
- Finish with 2-3 strawberries or raspberries. Enjoy!
Garden Old Fashioned
Whiskey-based cocktails are a staple of winter drinking, with this smoky liquor providing a bit of warmth on cold evenings. However, whiskey can be combined with light summer flavors like chamomile for a new, refreshing beverage. Swish Plastic’s 270ml Tumbler is the perfect choice for all seasons of whiskey drinks.
- 60ml Whiskey (Your Choice)
- 20ml Chamomile Syrup (dried chamomile flowers and sugar)
- Orange Bitters
- Edible Flowers, for garnish
- Heat ¼ cup sugar, ¼ cup water, and a handful of dried chamomile flowers over medium-high heat until the ingredients have melted into a syrup. Let cool and strain to remove remaining flower petals.
- Shake the chamomile syrup, whiskey, and several dashes of orange bitters with ice.
- Strain into an ice-filled tumbler and garnish with edible flowers.
Few summer drinks are as popular as the classic Gin & Tonic. This twist comes from Los Angeles, where cooling off with a cocktail is an art and a science. The addition of mint leaves adds a cool kick at the end to help beat the Southern California heat. Serve several in Swish Plastic’s 295 ml Tumbler.
- 60 ml Gin
- 30 ml Fresh Lime Juice
- 25 ml Simple Syrup
- Fresh Mint Leaves, to taste
- Muddle mint leaves and combine with liquid ingredients.
- Shake with ice and strain into ice-filled tumbler.
- Top with club soda and garnish with mint leaves.