Shaken or stirred, lychee martinis have a sweet, exotic and somewhat mystical touch to them. Now that spring is well underway, we’ve got two delicious lychee martini recipes to woo your guests at your next poolside BBQ or before a girl’s night out. Warning – these martinis are extremely addictive!
We have two options for you, the bartender’s version for when you are really trying to impress your guests or a simpler version for when you (and your guests) need a quick martini fix.
The Bartender’s Ambitious Lychee Martini
- 20g caster sugar
- 4 lychees, peeled and seeded
- 1 lime, chopped
- 60ml vodka
- Crushed ice
- Dissolve the sugar by mixing it with a few teaspoons of boiling water
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker and crush with a muddler
- Pour into a polycarbonate martini glass
- Pour the vodka in the glass, fill with ice, garnish as necessary and serve!
A Quick Martini Fix
- 45ml vodka
- 15ml lychee liquor
- 30ml lychee juice
- Lime juice from one lime wedge
- Crushed ice
- Shake all ingredients in a cocktail shaker full of crushed ice
- Pour through cocktail strainer into polycarbonate martini glasses
- Garnish with a lychee and serve
Sit back, relax and enjoy!
These two simple lychee martini recipes will have you enjoying the warmer months in style! This drink is perfect for outdoors and around the pool, so we recommend using polycarbonate glasses to avoid potential breakage.